There are so many dogs in shelters that need love and companionship, some are lucky enough to receive this, but others are not. There are ways to help the less fortunate dogs, the ones that spend their whole life waiting for a miracle to happen.
Things that you can do to help the less fortunate dogs:
- Volunteer to help at a local shelter and spend time interacting and socialising with the dogs.
- If you own a dog, take some of his old toys, blankets, bedding to your local shelter for less fortunate dogs to make use of.
- Visit a local shelter and take some photos of the dogs to show people you know.Ask around friends and family to see if you can find homes for some of them.
- Raise money or carry out a fundraising event to help your local shelter.
- Raise awareness by making and distributing flyers, so people know the local shelter exists.
- Foster a dog and let him stay with you until his permanent home is ready.
- Donate some money to your local shelter every now and then, or buy some food for the dogs.
- If you see a stray dog, don’t just pass by; help it out in whichever way you can. As stray dogs really are dogs in need too.
Any time, funds, dog toys bedding etc. you are able to donate to shelters will be greatly appreciated by both staff and the dogs, and you may even help give a stray dog a loving permanent home where they will lead a happy life with their new families.